Essay writing is usually not on the top of anyone’s variety of favorite activities to do. It could be difficult to put applying for grants paper, prove a place, or create a flow that is coherent of. Essay writing is even more challenging when it needs to be done in a language that’s not your very own. As a result, it is necessary for English as a language that is secondESL) teachers to add numerous examples, activities, and helpful strategies through the essay writing process so students have the ability to navigate through any struggles which will arise. This lesson will provide several activities that ESL teachers can practice with their students.
The first thing you will have to do is make sure your ESL students know the way an essay should always be structured. Generally, it is best to introduce students to the traditional 5-paragraph essay structure:
- 1st Paragraph: The introduction, which lets readers understand what the essay will be about.
- 2nd-4th Paragraphs: The body paragraphs, which provide arguments and evidence to guide the main point associated with essay.
- 5th Paragraph: in conclusion, which summarizes the human body paragraphs and reiterates the point that is main of essay.
Keeping a visual with this structure will allow students to begin to see the whole picture so that they are aware of what they’re working towards while writing an essay. It may be very challenging for ESL students to put their thoughts to be able; therefore, you should introduce activities and methods that will help result in the writing process easier.
Essay activities that are writing
The activities that are following be applied within the ESL classroom to aid students better understand the essay writing process. Make modifications as required to match students that are best’ English and writing ability.
Hamburger Essay Builder
This is often a graphic organizer, or piece-by-piece project, to simply help students better understand the dwelling of an essay.
Get access risk-free for thirty day period, create an account just.
No obligation, cancel anytime.
Select a subject to preview related courses:
- Give students an outline image of a hamburger
- Provide label sections for every associated with the hamburger parts (top bun, tomato, lettuce, meat, bottom bun)
- Have students label each right part of the hamburger to represent every section of the essay (introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion).